Tips for responsible use of debit cards
- If your card is lost or stolen, report the loss immediately to us at (800) 439-3339 or notify your local branch office. During non-business hours, please call (800) 264-5578.
- If you suspect your card is being fraudulently used, call us and report it immediately.
- Hold on to your receipts from your debit card transactions. A thief may get your name and debit card number from some receipts. Your card does not have to be missing in order for it to be misused.
- Memorize your PIN number, do not keep it with your card. Also, don’t choose a PIN number that someone could easily figure out, such as your phone number or birthday.
- Never give your PIN number to anyone. Keep your PIN private.
- Always know how much money you have available in your account. Don’t forget that your debit card may allow you to access money that you have set aside to cover a check which has not cleared your account yet.
- Keep your receipts in one place — for easy retrieval and better oversight of your account.